Child Protection Procedures
The LSCB operates multi-agency safeguarding and child protection online procedures.
Child Protection Conference and Core Group Meeting Templates
- Report To Core Group
- Conference Report Template (Word, 131KB)
- Core Group Minutes August 12
- GP Conference Template (Word, 141KB)
Guidance for GPs on Child Protection
The General Medical Council has published guidance for GPs on their role in the child protection system and the responsibilities of all doctors.
Child Protection Standards
- Practice Standards for Child Protection and Children in Care (Version 5, December 2013)
Transfer of Children on Child Protection Plans & Children in Need– Regional Agreement/Procedures
There is a regional agreement for the transfer arrangements between authorities for children on child protection plans and children in need.
- Children on Child Protection Plans Moving Across LA Procedure (PDF, 356kB)
- Children in Need Moving Across LA Procedure (PDF, 364kB)
- Pre-Care and Care Proceedings Transfer Procedure (Word, 783kB)
This guidance on the Challenge Process has been developed to ensure that all professionals are aware of the process and to ensure that any challenge made by child protection conference chairs in the safeguarding and quality assurance unit is appropriate, measured and results in practice improvement and better outcomes for children. It should be read in conjunction with the Local Safeguarding Children Board Escalation Policy.