One of the functions of the Local Safeguarding Children Board is to ensure professionals and volunteers who work with children or in services supporting their safety and welfare are adequately trained and knowledgeable about issues affecting their well-being and protection.
Our approach is set out in our LSCB Learning and Development Strategy 2015-18 (Word, 714kB)
The Cheshire West and Chester Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) runs multi-agency training for all partners
How to book onto a course for new users
- Click on the course that you want then it will present you with a list of dates – click on book for the date that you want.
- Click on I am a new customer and register and continue, it will prompt you to complete your details. You must have your own individual user name and email address. You can use a shared email address but you must create your own individual user name and password.
- Once you are in the basket you can only register and book 1 delegate at a time (even though it gives the options for more, it will not work).
- For invoice details if you are part of the Council you will need to enter your budget code. If you are external you will need to put your invoice address.
- Our Charging Policy will tell you whether you have to pay for the course or not.
For people trying to book multiple delegates as stated above you may use the same email address for a number of delegates but each delegate must have their own user name and password and you can only book one place at a time.
If you have already registered
- Click on the course that you want as above and click on the date you want to book.
- Click on I have an existing account and enter your username and password and click on login and continue.
- If you have forgotten your username and password click on I have forgotten my password and enter your email address.
Register without booking a course
You can register for the training system without booking a course.
If you have already registered and wish to log in to the Training Portal please go via: Cheshire West LSCB Portal Log In
Please note we are aware that places on our advertised Working Together Courses are now full. We are in the process of arranging dates for the new financial year and we hope to have these advertised early next month. Please bear with us.
- Complex Trio (Domestic Abuse/Mental Health/Substance Misuse)
- Fabricated and induced illness
- Harmful Practices (covering female genital mutilation, forced marriage and honour based abuse)
- Keeping Children Safe Online (CEOPs)
- Managing Neglect and The Graded Care Profile
- Safe Sleep
- Sexual Abuse and Harmful Behaviour in Children and Young People
- Working Together to Safeguard Children Refresher
- Working Together to Safeguard Children Two Day Course
- Working with Children who Self-Harm
Charges and cancellations
For any cancellations or queries please contact the LSCB training administrator on firstname.lastname@example.org
Quality Assurance Standards for Training
Private Safeguarding Training Sessions
The LSCB offer training in Basic Awareness Safeguarding Children to private agencies/organisations. These can be delivered in the daytime or evening sessions at your convenience. The sessions last 3 hours and content can be adapted to meet the needs of your organisation.
To discuss your requirements please contact the LSCB Business Manager at email@example.com
Schools & Educational Settings Training
Join our training pool
Our training is delivered by experienced professionals from a number of partner organisations. If you are interested in becoming part of the training pool and feel you meet the requirements as described in the person specification below then please contact the LSCB Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org