One of the functions of the Local Safeguarding Children Board is to ensure professionals and volunteers who work with children or in services supporting their safety and welfare are adequately trained and knowledgeable about issues affecting their well-being and protection.
Our approach is set out in our LSCB Learning and Development Strategy 2015-18 (Word, 714kB)
The Cheshire West and Chester Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) runs multi-agency training for all partners
How to book onto a course for new users
- Click on the course that you want then it will present you with a list of dates – click on book for the date that you want.
- Click on I am a new customer and register and continue, it will prompt you to complete your details. You must have your own individual user name and email address. You can use a shared email address but you must create your own individual user name and password.
- Once you are in the basket you can only register and book 1 delegate at a time (even though it gives the options for more, it will not work).
- For invoice details if you are part of the Council you will need to enter your budget code. If you are external you will need to put your invoice address.
- Our Charging Policy will tell you whether you have to pay for the course or not.
For people trying to book multiple delegates as stated above you may use the same email address for a number of delegates but each delegate must have their own user name and password and you can only book one place at a time.
If you have already registered
- Click on the course that you want as above and click on the date you want to book.
- Click on I have an existing account and enter your username and password and click on login and continue.
- If you have forgotten your username and password click on I have forgotten my password and enter your email address.
If you have already registered and wish to log in to the Training Portal please go via: Cheshire West LSCB Portal Log In
- Complex Trio (Domestic Abuse/Mental Health/Substance Misuse)
- Fabricated and induced illness
- Harmful Practices (covering female genital mutilation, forced marriage and honour based abuse)
- Keeping Children Safe Online (CEOPs)
- Managing Neglect and The Graded Care Profile
- Safe Sleep
- Sexual Abuse and Harmful Behaviour in Children and Young People
- Working Together to Safeguard Children Refresher
- Working Together to Safeguard Children Two Day Course
- Working with Children who Self-Harm
Charges and cancellations
For any cancellations or queries please contact the LSCB training administrator on email@example.com
Quality Assurance Standards for Training
These courses are not run by Cheshire West LSCB.
Please note this is not run by Cheshire West LSCB therefore it incurs a cost for attendance.
Schools & Educational Settings Training
Join our training pool
Please contact our Learning and Development Officer if you are interested in joining our multi-agency training pool